Monday, March 7, 2022

Women's History Month is Here! Spring is in the Air on the 4th of March, 2022 Episode!




This podcast is made possible by 

Peter F. Alexander of Site Design Associates; the Long Island Sound Institute (LISI)the Ambassador Museum United States of America, Kevin M. J. O'Connor of Jeffrey Matthews Wealth Management, and listeners like you everywhere! 

Congratulations! Welcome to the 4th of March 2022 episode of the one and only Greenwich, A Town For All Seasons Show podcast with Jeffrey Bingham Mead, a descendant of the 17th founders of Greenwich, Connecticut. 


There's no place like this one where you get to hear about some of the history and culture of the Town of Greenwich, Connecticut -one of America’s most interesting and extraordinary communities. 


Whether your roots go back nearly 400 years -or even 400 seconds, we welcome you with open arms. You are a part of our history -congratulations!


What's on Today's Show? 



As we observe Women's History Month, we are not just celebrating women from Greenwich's history, but also those who are actively engaged in its scholarship and preservation.


Now that I've return from my recent trip to my home in Hawaii, I've noticed with a degree of pleasure that Spring is in the air. The weather has been seasonally warm to my satisfaction as I resume my daily hikes and explorations around Greenwich. 


Correct me if I a wrong -didn't the ground hog of Ground Hog Day proclaim that we'd be the recipients of six more weeks of winter? I'm starting to wonder. In my travels I've been noticing daffodil shoots emerging, as well as snow drops and tulips. Much to my surprise I encountered a forsythia bush in Mid-Country Greenwich already displaying vibrant yellow blossoms. Blossoms are starting to emerge on Put's Hill! 


Each day brings it's share of such natural blessings, all the more meaningful in a world increasingly engulfed in chaos. I urge you to go outside and experience it all for yourself. You'll be glad you did. 




On Talk of the Town you'll hear a conversation I had with Greenwich native Missy Wolfe, author of Hidden History of Colonial Greenwich

In her book, Wolfe reveals as never before the lost world of Greenwich, Connecticut in the 1600s, a result of transcribing hundreds of handwritten documents owned by the town. 


It's with pleasure that I announce that Missy Wolfe has continued with her invaluable scholarship by publishing The Great Ledger Records of the Town of Greenwich 1640-1742 Volumes 1 and 2




From the Milbank Family Mausoleum, located on the highest point in Putnam Cemetery, you'll hear from me -your host Jeffrey Bingham Mead- about the life, legacy and philanthropy of one of Greenwich's most remarkable late 19th and early 20th century luminaries -Elizabeth Milbank Anderson- whose influence is still with us in the early 21st century. 

We''l have all this, announcements and more as today's show unfolds! 




Contact me at GreenwichATownForAllSeasons@gmail.com


I’m on Facebook, too. Just look for Jeffrey Bingham Mead and send me a friend request. The show is also available on Facebook at Greenwich, A Town For All Seasons. 


Learn more about the show -and listen to past episodes for free- on the web at GreenwichATownForAllSeasons.blogspot.com


March is Women's History Month! Be sure to tune in for our next show, 

which is scheduled for Friday, the 11th of March 2022. 






No comments:

Post a Comment