Friday, August 18, 2023

Please Help: Recommended Maui Relief Organizations

 

Credit: Maui News


As many of you who have followed me through the years, I've been going back and forth between my home in Greenwich, Connecticut and to Honolulu, Hawaii. 

I just returned to Honolulu on Tuesday, August 15 to resume my teaching and lecturing on August 21 with the International Programs at Kapiolani Community College of the University of Hawaii System. 

Our program was interrupted due to the pandemic when I last taught here in September, 2019. 

Recent news about Hawaii has been dominated by the catastrophic wildfires that engulfed the Island of Maui -especially the destruction of Lahaina, the one-time port and capitol of the Hawaiian Kingdom. 

While here, I have been doing my part to assist with relief efforts. 

With the help and cooperation of my ohana here in Hawaii, I've listed for you the following non-profits that welcome financial assistance. 

Your financial donations to these organizations all help direct immediate financial aid where it is needed:










There aren't adequate words to describe the devastation on Maui -including the loss of life. All Hawaii mourns. 

If you have further questions for me, please contact me by email at greenwichatownforallseasons@gmail.com

Aloha, and with gratitude,


Jeffrey Bingham Mead






No comments:

Post a Comment